Friday, 29 April 2011

The Final Frontier!

Rather like Burly I feel as though the vast unknown is stretching out before me but I'm just as determined as he is to explore and find out what's out there.
These last few months really have been a steep learning curve for me and I'm learning something new every day about how social media works and the way everything links up - blogs, facebook, websites, linked in, etc. - it's vaster than anything I could have ever imagined.
The young seem to have it sussed though!  I thought I was pretty clever in setting up a Burly and Grum facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Burly-and-Grum/220263631322349 but was struggling to get followers (or maybe I was being impatient!).  Then a 17 year old showed me how it was done - her fingers moved like a colony of tiny ants running over the keyboard and within 20 minutes she had got me another 14 followers!  I was in absolute awe - thank you Rosie, you are now officially my social media manager! 
This weekend I'm going to insert the new artwork Rob has sent me, I'm going to proof read the copy once more (or maybe a few times more!) and then finally, yes, finally send it off to Smashwords to process.  I'll let you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment