Sunday, 22 May 2011

Me? Did I do that?

See that look of suprise and 'what me?' on Grum's face - well, that's just how I feel!
So much has happened over the last few months - I've worked hard, learnt an incredible amount (still a long way to go there!) and it's been a privilege working with people like Rob (who illustrated Beyond the Forest), my colleagues at WriteBulb, Mark Coker from Smashwords and, of course everyone of my friends who has been enthusiastic and supported me. Yes, self-publishing is one of the most satisfying things I've ever done.
I have genuinely always loved writing. I want to be a successful author and so far I haven't come across one negative thing since I started along the road of self-publishing.  Yes, it's hard work and there are never enough hours in the day but I have control over what I publish, I can make my own decisions and, if they go wrong, I learn and move on, and also I can work with people I genuinely like.  The latter is one of the most important aspects to doing this. I want to build good and honest working relationships with people who are as enthusiastic as I am and I want to pass on what I've learnt to others.
I'm genuinely delighted with the response I've had to Beyond the Forest - people are reading it, reviewing it, coming back to me with comments. If anyone is thinking about becoming an Indie writer, all I can say is - do it!  Yes, it's a huge commitment but it's so satisfying and the sense of achievement is immense - honestly, just go ahead, take that step, you'll never regret it.  The only regret you'll ever feel is if you don't give it a go!
And if you'd like a free copy of Beyond the Forest click on the link Beyond the Forest put the book in your cart and then enter the code WX39U when asked.  Happy reading! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kate - things are looking great for this book and I'm hoping that all your hard work continues to be rewarded!

    ReplyDelete