Sunday, 24 July 2011

In praise of indie writers!

It's a sunny afternoon here in Essex and I'm in a yip yipee kind of mood - my second ebook, Burly and Grum and the Secret City, has now been published! Yes, finally, everything came together and it's now available on Smashwords FREE - what a bargain eh?
I know I keep saying this but self publishing has been both surprising and amazing, and the further along the road I travel, the more I learn (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Goodreads, how to create a website, I could go on and on...).
The indie writers I've come across have been incredibly generous - they're keen to share their knowledge, ideas and to offer support and practical help when it's needed. There's never been a better time for writers to finish that final chapter, get their books published, join a vast community of other indie authors (and my goodness we're an interesting and diverse bunch of people!) and have their work read across the globe. I would advise anyone who is hesitating about self-publishing – don't! Just do it – it's hard work but the rewards are well worth it.
And, as I've already mentioned, there's always something else to learn... my task this evening is to find out how to put music onto the book trailer I've put together and to read up about print on demand – wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment