Sunday, 10 July 2011

Sanity Narrowly Won...

Of all the things I've done so far on this rather odd road to being an independent writer, setting up a Burly & Grum website via my little netbook has been the most difficult. I spent four hours last Sunday trying to get a Facebook 'like' thumb on the site but in the end had to compromise - it was either my sanity or the 'like' thumb and sanity narrowly won - the site is thumb-free!  (I'll try to figure it out another day...)
I've still got quite a bit to do to improve the site, but I'm proud of what I've achieved considering that last week I didn't even know what a domain was; when I first started, I definitely felt like Burly and Grum in the picture - completely baffled! If you'd like to take a look, the site is http://www.burlyandgrum.com/ and if you can suggest anything (easy) that I can do to improve it, please let me know!
This week I also managed to finish the Born Free Cat Nap challenge that I set myself last week, i.e. I've finished the second book, Burly and Grum and the Secret City and have started the third book. I hope to have the Secret City up on Amazon and Smashwords within the next week or two. But my learning curve is not yet over - I'd like to create booktrailers to put on Youtube and a talented actor, Paul Burnham, has agreed to help me create Burly & Grum audio books - I need more hours in my day but I'm enjoying the journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment