Sunday, 25 September 2011

A bear with a sore head...

Head colds! Why hasn't anyone found a cure for a head cold yet? I'm just coming to the end of one and I'm amazed (and a bit fed up) at how much it's affected me - I just haven't been able to think - I've come home from work at the end of each day and instead of being filled with the joys of spring at the thought of sitting down and writing, have just drooled and snuffled on the sofa (sorry to have imposed that image on you!).
   The third Burly & Grum book has suffered and I'm only just able to think about progressing the story. Having been like a bear with a sore head I was thinking about giving Burly a head cold but maybe that would be a bit mean of me? I'll think about it! 
   Even though I've been quiet the books have been busy and almost two and a half thousand copies of Burly & Grum and the Secret City have been downloaded this month on Amazon.com, and Beyond the Forest has now reached 500 downloads on Smashwords! People are reading the Burly & Grum Tales - yay! (I only hope they like them...)
   I've got to give careful thought to marketing now. I'm progressing with making the books available on audio but am still waiting for hard copies of the first two books to arrive from Createspace so I can proof them. I'd really like to have printed versions and audio versions of the books available by Christmas. Oh, and that includes the third book in the Burly & Grum Tales! Good job my headcold is now over and done with because I think I'm going to be busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment