Monday, 12 September 2011

Forget the admin - let's party!

I'm feeling a bit more upbeat this week! I've (sort of) solved the 300 dpi problem of last week and am now waiting for printed copies of the two books to arrive hot off the press from the States. Eeep! - hopefully the quality will be good, if not a lot of sobbing and gin drinking will take place... I'll tell you next week how they've turned out.
   Tomorrow afternoon I'm hoping to solve the problem of the W-7 form and will be making my way to the American Embassy where I've been assured that a very nice member of staff will help me fill it in. Properly. In blue ink (not black).
  For those of you who don't know what a W-7 is, it's a form you have to fill in if you don't want to be hit by the 30% American tax rate - always handy for those of us who also have to pay UK tax. Although filling in a form may sound easy, apparently the W-7 can be a trial on a par with the labours of Hercules, and I have it on good authority from other writers that it can take up to 8 months to process. I do hope that the people at the American embassy are kind to me...
    But more importantly than all that is the fact that I'm really getting into the third Burly & Grum tale. I'm loving the fact that I the characters are developing and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with them. I'm laughing a lot as I type which is (I think) a good sign. A beach party is on the cards this time although I'm uncertain how Burly's going to cope with all that sand in his fur. Maybe Grum will have a pair of snazzy shorts - who can say? A lot can happen on a beach!
   So, as you can see, despite all the W-7s, dpi and goodness knows what else, I'm still loving the writing and frankly that's what counts. Now, enough rambling and on with the beach party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment