Sunday, 15 January 2012

The Birthday Surprise!

I couldn't resist showing you the cover of the third book for two reasons - firstly, it's pretty darn brilliant isn't it? And secondly, it's my birthday tomorrow so it's very appropriate!  Burly & Grum and the Birthday Surprise will be published very, very soon and I'm looking forward to seeing it on Amazon. 
    If I can see it that is - at the moment I'm practically cross-eyed as I seem to have spent most of the weekend on the computer! I've been updating 'Beyond the Forest' and 'The Secret City'.  I've been going through this exercise because a friend of mine, Linda Palmer, has edited both books with a fine tooth comb and pointed out all my punctuation failings and the little glitches. Although my eyes are tired, I have to say the books are looking so much more professional and they do read more smoothly.  Also, I've managed to put off the pile of ironing - way to go Linda - thank you!
    I've just read my Amazon(.com and .co.uk) reviews for the first time in months; I don't get notified when one of the books receives a review so I generally forget to look, and when I do look I usually do so with just one eye and, trust me, it's also squinting (I get very nervous reading reviews....).  To my absolute delight, they were wonderful and I was so touched by what the readers said. So to those of you who took the time to write a review, thank you and I'm very, very pleased that you and your children liked the books; it means a great deal to me.
    I also have to thank Richard Farr for his wonderful work on the book covers. The two books have very different covers so it was difficult to create continuity of design, but now they'll sit beautifully on the shelf together. He's put in a lot of time and has also, with great humour, answered other questions I've had about graphic design (which, to me, is a real minefield). 
    I'm always very grateful to those who help me and hope one day I'll be able to repay them properly - cups of coffee are all very well but don't pay the bills!  
    Before I go, however, I should mention that the conversation about funding for Burly and Grum is moving on in a very positive way. Can't say any more at the moment but I'll keep you posted as and when I can. ;)
   

1 comment:

  1. A Burly & Grum trilogy, eh? I'm impressed! I can't wait to buy a few sets for me and my goddaughter!

    ReplyDelete