Sunday, 27 May 2012

Let the Party Begin!

Here in the UK we're all looking forward to next weekend and having an extra two days off work in order to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I'll be enjoying my very first street party - we'll have proper bunting, afternoon tea, music, a BBQ, fireworks and lots of games for the children including one called hunt the corgi (don't worry real corgies are not involved!). I'm really looking forward to the day; I only hope the sun continues to shine (it can be a bit hit and miss here in the UK!). As you can see Burly and Grum are also pretty excited about the party and insisted on sending their congratulations to the Queen in their own special way and are flying the flag with style. Way to go Burly and Grum, I'm proud of you!
I've not only been involved in planning our street party but have also been working on the first book. In my blog last week I mentioned that I'd re-written Beyond the Forest, (managed to shave off 2,000 words...) and Rob has redesigned the cover so that it'll be more in line with the second and third books. You won't see the change on Amazon for a while because the print copy will have to have a full book cover done (to include the back blurb, spine, etc) and desiging that will take a little longer. I could change the Kindle cover but then the Kindle and the print version would look different and that could be confusing. I really love the new cover, Rob's done a fantastic job. 
And there's more good news! I've been invited to a school to read from the Burly & Grum Tales but hopefully I'll be able to give more details about this next week. My Burly and Grum world is just getting better and better!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kate, that's wonderful. Love the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish, I really appreciate that and I'm sure Rob will as well :)

      Delete
  2. This is amazing Kate. A weekend full of celebrations and the books are looking fantastic, much more united. I can't wait to hear more about the school visit, that is incredible :D x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gem! I think it might all be coming together somehow ;) and I hope you and James will be able to join the street party at some point.XXX

      Delete