Sunday, 13 May 2012

That's What Friends Are For!

There's a lot I'm grateful for in this life, but the support and love my family and friends give me - yes me, the Restless One who is always dashing off doing this that and the other - means the world to me. Now, through Burly and Grum I'm getting support (and lots of hugs) from others as well - this week, Aiden aged 7, gave me a massive hug and asked me to pass it on to Burly because he was the best bear in the world, and a little girl called Sophie gave me a picture of Grum that she spent ages colouring in. Frankly, I think she's got Grum down to a 't'! Thank you so much Sophie - it's gorgeous!

     Friends are helping me in other ways as well - I get my hair cut at Steve at Stephen Alexander Hairdressing in Moulsham Street, Chelmsford and he is one of my biggest supporters (way to go Steve!). He's a great family man and has a busy business with many local families coming to the salon. Last week when I had my hair cut there we chatted and now we're running a competition together which should start next weekend. I've already put together a draft poster - what do you think? The competition will mostly be for local people but hopefully others will want to join in as well because I'd like lots of gorgeous pictures to look at! More details about the competition will be coming soon! 
     I'd also like to mention the fabulous organisation Born Free. From the very beginning I knew that I wanted to give a percentage of any earnings to Born Free because I think the work they do to stop animal suffering is awe inspiring, and despite their very long wait they keep promoting and helping me - Burly and Grum have their own page on their webside, Virginia McKenna will be reading the books soon to her grandchildren (I'm very nervous) and I should also be running a competition with their kids club Wildcrew. I'm incredibly grateful to them. Thank you to everyone there, especially Joanne Bartholomew.
     And just to keep you updated, Burly and Grum are doing very well - especially The Secret City which is still in the top 100 in Amazon (both UK and US) under free books for children. I'd like to thank every single person who has downloaded the books and I sincerely hope you enjoyed reading them. Now, onto the next exciting week!

2 comments:

  1. This is all so exciting. I'm so pleased that things are going well for you :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem - it certainly keeps me out of trouble! XXXXX

      Delete