Sunday, 19 August 2012

Relaxing in the sun - oh yeah!

I've been on holiday this week - no commuting - yay!  I haven't gone very far (home - but the weather has been nice) and on the first day of freedom, last Saturday, I sat down and made a list of things to do. It was a very long list. One week later and I haven't done a thing on that list, the days have just floated by as I've slept, caught up on reading and generally relaxed. Whether I wanted to or not, my brain just sort of decided to take its own vacation, I keep trying to kick it up a notch or two, but just it's not having it!
    I think that one reason I'm so relaxed is because of the wonderful Kitty Bullard, my publisher. I have to admit that at first it was very difficult to hand over the Burly & Grum books to her, not because I didn't trust her judgement but because well, I'd done everything myself from day one and was used to making all the decisions. Kitty placed the books on Amazon's KDP Select scheme which meant I had to take them down from Smashwords and other sites - that was the hardest thing to do but, of course, it's all starting to fall into place now. She's an incredible networker and I've received invitations to be a guest contributor on several blogs  and the books have been, I think, quite popular - Beyond the Forest even got to number 2 spot in Amazon Kindle (free) Kid's section, which I was pretty pleased with - Kitty is getting the books seen by all the right people in all the right places and apparently is even putting them forward for a couple of awards. Yesterday an autograph collector asked for a Kindlegraph - I had to smile because that is just so strange!  Yet one more new thing notched up!
    However, I haven't been completely idle this past week and have been trying to do a little research on how to sell audio books because Pat Scullion is forging ahead with them (great new look to your website by the way, Pat). I think I'll sell them on my website, link up with Amazon and look at other sites such as Clickbank in more detail. If anyone has any experience of how to market audio books, do please let me know! I'm aiming to have them ready by the end of November in time for Christmas. But that's a long way off and now I must get back to my ice-cream!
     Happy summer holidays everyone - I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!

     PS: one of my posts is now up (on the Indie Revolution) - thank you Mark Miller, author of the wonderful Empyrical Tales for inviting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment