Saturday, 20 October 2012

Burly and Grum's Halloween Adventure is out!

Yes, Burly & Grum's Halloween Adventure is finally out! Burly and Grum go trick or treating with Max and things don't exactly go according to plan! I loved writing this short story and I hope you enjoy reading it. Rob, who illustrates the Burly and Grum stories, has once again captured the characters perfectly - thank you so much Rob (I especially love Burly's fangs!).
     I've put the story on Smashwords where it can be downloaded FREE onto your Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iPad, Sony Reader or as a pdf. I've already been asked why I chose Smashwords rather than Amazon. The simple answer is that I couldn't find a way of letting readers download it free from Amazon (Amazon will price match it but that could take time and I wanted people to be able to download it immediately). I will put it on Amazon after Halloween but I will have to put a small price on it so download it now while it's free!
     What I'm really excited about however, is the fact that you can also download an audio version for FREE! Pat Scullion has done a brilliant job, thank you Pat. Even though I've got a rotten head cold at the moment and my whoops of joy may sound more like like 'dohps' I'm really, really happy.
     I've also been incredibly lucky and a colleague has offered to print A5 booklets for me so I can give them away free. A couple of libraries have already said they're interested and some teacher friends of mine have also said they'll give them to their students. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! 
     Last but by no means least, I'd like to let you know that the winner of the Burly & Grum Halloween Competition was a young lady called Molly who lives in Paris. She guessed that Grum was going to go trick or treating as The Hulk. A set of the three Burly & Grum books will be on their way to you as soon as the Post Office is open on Monday! I'd also like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to enter the competition, I had such a wonderful time reading all your funny and inventive messages!


2 comments:

  1. Burlington the bear, Grum the groblin and Max all dress up for Halloween as Dracula, the Hulk and a Mummy respectively. Once Burly and Grum get the hang of Halloween, it promises to be a fun night. When they meet a distraught fairy named Meg, it becomes an even more exciting night for the three friends.
    This is a nice Halloween story. My 6-year-old thought it was cute. We even loved the surprise addition of finding the audio book link at the end of the ebook. So we listened to the story again. 5/5 stars
    I recommend this quick and fun little adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherese, thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment, it was a lovely surprise. I had a lot of fun writing the Halloween story (laughed a lot as I typed!) and I'm so pleased that both you and your 6 year old liked it - you've made my day! Thank you! :)

      Delete