Friday, 21 December 2012

Christmas Love and Hugs from Burly and Grum!


   Christmas is just around the corner and even though all the Burly & Grum Christmas cards have been written and posted there is a tangible feeling of panic in the air as I go through my countless 'things to do' lists. Oh, who am I kidding? I love the run up to Christmas, meeting up with friends, trying to find a gift that absolutely that suits them and all the general mayhem and madness that accompanies this time of year. Christmas? Bring it on!
     For me personally, it's been incredibly challenging year because as well as writing and trying to promote Burly & Grum I've been working full time and also had to come to terms with the fact my father has Alzheimers - I think I've used up almost all of my holiday time this year in hospital waiting rooms! Burly and Grum would have continued despite the various pressures because for one thing I can't stop writing, but I would never have come this far without the talent and encouragement of my friends. I'd like to give special Christmas wishes, love and hugs to:
  • Rob Jones, the Burly & Grum artist, a shy and quiet man who is endlessly patient with me and my crazy ideas. 
  • Pat Scullion, who has done a brilliant job on the audio books despite working on his degree at the same time.
  • Stuart Wakefield who has seen me make some outstanding mistakes along the way but has always been there to pick me up and dust me down.
  • Lisa Wakefield, Stuart's sister, who is always so encouraging on the Burly & Grum facebook site.
  • Richard Farr, the graphic artist who has helped me clean up drawings when need be and design book covers at the drop of a hat - he is simply fantastic.
  • The amazing staff from Born Free who have been incredible in their support despite the daily pressures of the work they do (Burly gives his love to Ginny the beautiful Moon Bear by the way!).
  • Gemma who has been a wonderful proof reader - thank you Gemma!
  • Dawn Colclasure and her daughter Jennifer who write and illustrate their own wonderful books and who, like me, love Dr Who - you can't go wrong with people who love Dr Who!
  • Everyone - and I mean everyone - who has read the Burly & Grum stories and said such lovely things about them. I genuinely appreciate the fact that each and every one of you has taken the time in this busy world to either write a review or leave a message on facebook for me. Big hugs to you guys!
  • And last but by no means least, I have to give thanks and lots of love to Kitty from GMTA who has been one of my biggest supporters and is an absolute star.
   Not one of them has asked anything from me and I count myself incredibly lucky to have such wonderful, talented friends. I owe them a great deal

   Meanwhile, back to earth - I'm afraid I haven't managed to write the Burly & Grum Christmas special as promised. I'm so sorry, but I'm over half way through the story and you will be able to read it next year - it's worth waiting for, I promise!  As a small way of making up for it I've made The Birthday Surprise free to download from Smashwords - I hope you enjoy it! I'm 2013 promises so much (I'll tell you in my New Year's blog) and I'm looking forward what's ahead because I know it's going to be full of surprises and be very exciting!
     Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas - I hope enjoy spending time with those you love and that you get lots of pressies!


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post Kate, and your more than welcome, you know where I am if ever you need anything and I mean that. And after all isn't that what friends are for? x x x x

    ReplyDelete