Sunday, 2 December 2012

Grum the groblin makes a personal appearance!

You'll be pleased to learn that Burly's Gallery of bear pictures looks wonderful - what a great mixture of photos I've received - old bears, young bears, Super Bears and even Grum the groblin managed to make a personal appearance! The response has been brilliant - a big thank you to everyone who has sent in a photo! If you want to see them all just go to the Burly & Grum website. You can send me your photos until the end of December - my email address is kate@burlyandgrum.com
     I'll be updating the website soon for Christmas and Burly's Bear Gallery will be moved to a different page, but don't worry I'll let you know when that happens. 
    But enough of the Bear Gallery for the moment because I've been up to lots! I've now got stickers to give out when I go to read to children -

 
I've also created a 2013 calendar but really, I'm not sure about how it looks so think I'm going to hold onto that one. My Burly & Grum t-shirt arrived and the print quality was a lot better than I thought it would be, which is great. As you can see from the above picture of Grum, I also roped in additional help and persuaded my sister to knit a small Grum - I couldn't stop laughing when he first arrived but honestly, that was because she managed to capture him so well!
    With regard to the Burly & Grum books I've been trying to consolidate and get things up to date now that I'm publishing under Magic Toy Books. This isn't easy and at the moment I'm discussing with Kindle Support the problem that although customers can visually see that The Secret City is free on Kindle, when they go to download it Amazon are asking them to pay. True, it's not a huge amount ($1.99) but that's not the point. Sorting this problem out isn't easy. This can be demonstrated by the fact that at first the problem was confined to the US but as soon as I asked Kindle Support for help suddenly the problem was world-wide. Yup, publishing is not easy and takes the patience of a saint!
    I've also been finding out about audiobook distribution and at this point I'd like to say thanks to Andrew Parker from Open Book Audio who restored my faith in the fact there are helpful people out there who can think a little outside the box. As someone who constantly thinks a little strangely, it's comforting to know I'm not alone! I'm sure we'll be working together in the future and I'm looking forward to it.
     Tomorrow I'm off to the Barbican Library to talk about doing an author's reading. I've also been asked to visit a couple of schools so things are looking good! But all the visits will have to be for next year as I have no more leave left (darn this having to work for a living!).
  Over the next few weeks and months I'll be working hard to consolidate, promote and make Burly & Grum as professional as possible because I love them and want to continue writing stories about them for as long as possible.
     Now I know Unlucky Dip isn't part of the Burly & Grum tales, but I'm going to sneak in a mention. It's picking up great reviews and I'm really happy with how it's doing. Thank you especially to Kate from Read2Review (GMTA UK) who has been brilliant with the promotion and also Masquerade Crew (I received so many retweets from their one tweet I lost count!).

 


  Have a good week everyone!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment