Friday, 1 March 2013

Tigers (and porcupines) in my tank!


I've been very quiet for the last couple of weeks. There's been no singing in the kitchen, no impromptu dancing or indeed, anything spontaneous or frivolous. The world has been a fuzzy and dull place. Why? Because after managing to avoid a virus all winter, a particularly nasty little one finally caught up with me and brought me crashing to the ground. Darn it. Darn all viruses. Darn all those people who told me 'Oh I had that - I just worked through it' and made me feel even worse.
     There is, however, light at the end of the tunnel and today I laughed out loud for the first time since I can't remember when. I'm beginning to get a semblance of my old voice back and even though I can't sing along to the radio at the moment (as I sound like a squeaky Barry White) I can imagine it. A breakthrough indeed!
     It's been somewhat frustrating period of time because there's been a lot to do and I've just been nibbling at the edges. Luckily, I'd published 'The Tiger's Tale' as an ebook on Amazon and Smashwords just before I fell ill, but I feel as though I haven't done everything I perhaps should have done to promote 'The Tiger's Tale'. Ah well, there is a silver lining - even though I haven't been up to scratch, the story has had an incredible amount of support from Burly & Grum fans - it's already had a lot of great reviews and all of them 5*. A
big thank you to each and every one of you who took the time to leave a review, it really does make a huge difference.
     Somehow, the 'The Tiger's Tale' booklet managed to get printed and should now be for sale in Foyles bookshop, St Pancras International. Only 200 were printed so, if possible, you should go grab one while you can - you never know, they could well be an investment for the future (she says optimistically!). The event Tiger Tracks is being launched tonight, Friday 1 March at St Pancras International and will run for three weeks - all money raised will go towards 'Save Wild Tigers', something I believe passionately in.

 
    So it looks as though I have a busy time ahead of me and I have to say that I'm looking forward to getting out and about, dancing around the kitchen and generally feeling as if I have a tiger in my tank once more - bring it on!
 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jaimie - I'm definitely feeling better as time goes on thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete