Sunday, 7 April 2013

To Boldly Go Where No Bear and Groblin Have Gone Before...

It's been a funny old few weeks. All the excitement from the tiger event at St Pancras quickly died down and I've spent a lot of time pondering the future and what the next step for Burly & Grum will be. Having written 3 books and 2 short stories in the Burly & Grum Tales so far I do feel a sense of restlessness, that I need to move on and really push them but the trouble is I'm a bit unsure about what exactly that next step should be.
     Having lots of thoughts flying around in my head but not quite knowing quite what to do with them means I procrastinated so I didn't have to make a decision. (Procrastinating is the next best thing to napping sometimes, although having said that I get a lot of my best ideas whilst nappping!)
    My spare time has, therefore, been spent putting 'The Tiger's Tale' into print format (should be available very soon). I also spent quite a bit of time republishing 'Unlucky Dip', my young adult book, for kindle, print and Smashwords. See - keeping busy but not coming to any decision is an art form!
     Apart from editing and working on my books I also bought a ticket for the London Book Fair.  I want to look around, meet people, get some ideas. It'll be exciting and I'm hoping that I will get the input and the spark I need to move on because I do want to see the Burly & Grum books actually in bookshops and not just on Amazon. I also want to see them animated, I want plush toys made, I want them all made into apps and audio books - there's a great big mountain I want to climb and I need to know how to go about getting to the top! Once I'm focussed I'll be fine and Burly and Grum will be boldly going where no bear and groblin have gone before! Well, that's the theory anyway :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds so exciting. Sometimes it is better to take a step back and look at it as an outsider. The last thing you want to be doing is rushing things. Hopefully it will all work out just how you want it one day soon :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem, I'm keeping everything crossed that's for sure :)

      Delete