Sunday, 9 June 2013

Burly & Grum bear all!

   Yes, Burly and Grum are going to be in the spotlight tomorrow - they're visiting Our Lady & St George's Primary School in Walthamstow and will be meeting over 130 pupils. Yes, over 130 - no wonder they look a bit nervous!
   Yesterday I was thanking my lucky stars when my order from Vistaprint arrived - just in the nick of time for the visit, but now I'm wondering how I'm going to get everything into my bag!  As well as a few copies of the Burly and Grum books I have my companion Grum to take with me, some colouring-in sheets, stickers, etc. My table is positively groaning with goodies!
   I'll be working with the older pupils on a writing exercise and in addition to everything else I'm also taking along information about two young authors Jennifer Wilson and Olivia Miller because I want to show them that writing is not only fun but that you can be published no matter how old you are.
   It's Eco Week at Our Lady & St George's Primary School and I'm looking forward to talking the pupils not only about Burly and Grum but also about the importance of looking after the environment and the animals in it. I spoke to my friends at the Born Free Foundation and they have already sent the school details of the 'Global Friends' project which aims to link schools in the developed world with a Born Free supported school in Africa or Asia. Fingers crossed that the teachers and children at Our Lady & St George are interested because Global Friends is a great initiative and well worth being part of.
  And so now I suppose I'd better stop procrastinating and get on and pack my bag (this is going to be an interesting exercise!). Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it all goes :)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment