Sunday, 13 October 2013

Halloween, Unicorns and a huge thank you!


     I have lots to tell you! As you may remember from a previous blog, Burly & Grum and The Secret City has been nominated for the People's Book Prize (children's section). Yay! I did a little skip of happiness when I first heard that news, but can I just say that since then I have been absolutely blown away by the support I've received from readers, friends and family. If you get a moment, look at the wonderful comments that people are leaving on 'The Secret City' page - I got quite tearful at one point whilst reading them because I couldn't quite believe that people would actually go to the time and trouble to write such lovely things about my work.
     To everyone who has voted and commented, thank you so much, it means a great deal to me that everyone - both adults and children - are reading and loving the Burly & Grum books. The more they are read and loved the more chance there will be for me to write even more!
     On a different note altogether - WHAHAHAHAHA - yes, it's almost that time of year again - HALLOWEEN!  Don't forget that Pat Scullion's audio version of The Halloween Adventure is FREE to download and hey, it's really, really good!!

    This afternoon I'll be meeting Vicci who is working with our local council to set up a creative writing and community art project Imagine In-Print. She's very kindly said that Burly & Grum can have a stall but not only that I'll be helping children with their writing projects and reading to them. I don't know a great deal more at the moment but I'll keep you posted - sounds exciting :)

     Below is a picture sent to me by Emma aged 10 who coloured it in using Paintbox. It's absolutely gorgeous, thank you so much Emma, you are incredibly talented and you must also be very patient!


     And for all those children out there who love writing, don't forget to enter the Paws n Claws competition and you could see your stories in print.
     Told you there was a lot going on - and I'm loving it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment