Sunday, 17 November 2013

3D and proud of it!




The photograph above shows just how creative everyone can be if given the right opportunity. The spectacular 3D mobile that hung from the centre of High Chelmer Shopping Centre in Chelmsford was created by people both young and old living in Chelmsford and it simply sparkled with colour and light - the more you looked the more you could see. Everyone who had contributed in some way made their way to the shopping centre last Sunday to celebrate - they read out their stories and poems, many of which were written on pieces of the mobile hanging above them.


I had a wonderful time reading a short piece from Burly & Grum and The Birthday Surprise

before relaxing and listening to others read their stories and poems:

     I spoke to lots of people, most of whom were interested in writing and expressing themselves and I hope to follow their progress as writers - it was really very inspiring and all in all was a day I'll remember for a long time! This project, Imagine In-Print, was the brainchild of Vicci Button and Karina Siba - they worked incredibly hard and should be very proud of what they achieved in such a short space of time and on a very tight budget.
     And after all that excitement it'll be hard settle down again and get back to normal! 

                                               
     The deadline for The People's Book Prize (children's section) is now looming, so I'd like to take this opportunity to thank anyone who has voted for me - I can't tell you how much it means to me that fans of Burly and Grum, my friends and family have taken the time to vote for The Secret City. If you'd like to vote then there's still time - it closes on 30 November. And thank you!

    
     Right, now I'd better make a huge effort and try to get back to normal!







No comments:

Post a Comment